St Andrew, HARTCLIFFE
Situated close to the Symes Avenue shopping centre, this is rather an ordinary suburban church built in 1956 to the designs of Burrough & Hannam.
The main feature of the exterior is the tall cross at the NW corner. Parish rooms and vestries adjoin to the north of the church.
Inside concrete piers and cross-beams seperate the rectangle into five-bayed nave and aisles, and there is a narrower east bay for the sanctuary. Clever use of coloured glass in several windows, and there is a pretty window of 1964 by Geoffrey Robinson on the south side of the sanctuary (below).
Back to Bristol churches Index