A few miles north of Folke is the small village of Purse Caundle. The church lies by the main road, close to the Manor House. It was rebuilt in the Perpendicular style in c1480, consisting of a W tower of three stages, nave, S porch and chancel. Later in1524 a chapel was added N of the chancel.
The interior is simple, yet with charm. Its main feature is the N chapel which still has the original door by the panelled chancel arch. To the east a fine canopied tomb to William Longe d.1524 and his wife seperates the chapel from the chancel, now alas without the effigies. In the chapel is a brass to his daughter Elizabeth d.1527 and her husband, and another to a priest (now headless) Richard Brodeway d.1536.
Of the fittings the most notable is the large 18th Century PULPIT and tester. The PEWS match, but were altered from the familiar box-pew variety of the time to the Victorian taste of lower backs. In the N windows of the nave some medieval fragments of STAINED GLASS