|1859-62 by Pope & Bindon, in a
Gothic style, and was aisleless with a lower apsidal
sanctuary and a west gallery. No tower but a tall double
bellcote was placed over the chancel arch.
It was deconsecrated 1928 to become St Andrew's Hall. The BBC used it during the second world war 1939-45 and divided it into two floors. Following the destruction of Clifton Parish Church in the war the upper floor was used as church from 1945 until 1951 when it reverted to church hall status again on the unification of St Andrew and Christ Church parishes. The stair to the upper floor was in the apse.
The church was demolished c1975 and flats were built on the site.
Back to Bristol churches Index